To provide a warm friendly meeting place for families which will support children and parents in their role and offer information needed to help them through the challenges of parenting and family life.
To promote the development of happy, healthy children and families, and to celebrate their value.
WHAT IS A FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE
The Estevan Family Resource Centre Inc. is a prevention model of service delivery offering a comprehensive range of programs aimed at enhancing child and family well-being by reducing family isolation, supporting healthy child development and providing information to support positive parenting. We act as a visible, inclusive and welcoming access point for ALL families in the community and surrounding area.
We provide services in four core areas: Parenting Education; Early Learning: Family Wellness and Support and Information and Referrals along with our Drop-In and play area.
Family Wellness & Support
· Crisis counseling
· Life Skills [financial management, job search, etc...]
· Emergency infant supplies; diapers, wipes and formula.
· Prenatal support
· Breastfeeding supports
· Kitchen space & Nutrition programs
· Mental health & wellness
Parenting Education & Support
· Formal parenting and early childhood development seminars
· Family literacy and numeracy programs
· Informal drop-in opportunities
· A comfortable space for parents
· Programs starting at birth
· Play based learning opportunities and programs where families interact
· Programs where children can explore art, music, physical recreation and other activities
· Play based early childhood programs that enhance language, literacy, numeracy and social development.
Information & Referrals
· On site developmental screening
· Information about parent & child development
· Registries of early childhood programs
· Referrals to other service providers
The Family Centre is able to operate in large part due to the kindness and commitment of the community members who donate their time and talents to volunteer activities.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Family Centre is governed by a volunteer board of directors, our current chairperson is
Contact us if you are interested in becoming a board member!
COLLEEN MACMILLAN, BSW,RSW
ALANA CLOW, BSc Psychology
Counselling & Support Services